Monday, October 1, 2012

Kayfabe Q&A: Alex Colon


 Height: 5'7"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Hometown: The 609
Finisher: Pop-Up Driver

                                                                   
When did you decide you wanted a career in Wrestling?

Around the time I got outta high school. I was dabbling with music at that time but ended up steering right back into wrestling after attending CZW's Cage of Death that year.

Did you watch wrestling as a kid? And if so, who were your favorites growing up?

I loved wrestling as a child. My favorite was Bret Hart. He was definitely a big influence with my love for wrestling.

Was your family supportive of your chosen career path?

Yeah, my family is somewhat supportive of my choice. They don't think its the best move, but they aren't gonna stop me from chasing my dream.

Alex Colon vs Devon Moore, CZW 'Redemption'

Who trained you and what was that experience like?

I was trained by DJ Hyde and Jon Dahmer. My experience with them was def a learning experience. DJ is very much  new school, someone who is into whats on today compared to Dahmer who is very old school influenced, someone who is very into what made yesterdays stars and skills. I loved my time there and still today learn as I continue my journey, but value the basics and other things they have taught me.

Since breaking into the wrestling business you have competed in companies such as MCW, AAW, DGUSA, EVOLVE and of course Combat Zone Wrestling. What has your experience been working for these promotions?

All these promotions have been very good to me and professional. I couldn't ask for more. From the ring crew to the promoters, I have always been treated fairly at these places. I loved every opportunity I have been given in each place and hope that I may have many more in the future.


You have been in the ring with a number of great wrestlers such as Sami Callihan, Adam Cole, Rhett Titus, and many others. Do you have a favorite opponent that you have faced so far in your career?

I honestly have 3 guys that I feel like I gel really well with and they are Sami Callihan, Rich Swann, and AR Fox. Each guy is extremely talented and I feel that each time I step in the ring with them, we blow everything away. I think they have as much passion for professional wrestling as I do and it shows every time I step in there with them.

Do you have a dream opponent?

Yeah, I mean I don't like to say dream opponent cuz Bret Hart is obviously outta the picture in 2012, but Homicide is someone I always seen myself wanting to wrestle back in the early 2000's when I was really getting into the Indy's as a fan heavily.


What are the positives and negatives about working in the business?

The positives are all the relationships and friendships you make down the line. The negatives are all the politics that come with wrestling. I don't talk too much about the negatives because I'm enjoying my time in it currently.

Wrestling as a whole is down right now. What do you think needs to change to help it grow to where it was in the 80's or late 90's?

I just think people need to rally together more for wrestling as a whole. Too many people fight and bicker for meaningless issues. We all fight for the same dream, and even though not everyone eats off of the same apple, it doesn't mean we don't eat an apple. The territories worked so well because everyone had a slice of the pie and now days everyone wants to eat off of the same slice if that makes sense.


Tell us, who is Alex Colon?

Alex colon is Robin Hood, haha. I like to fight for what I believe is right. I am also stubborn enough to think I'm right even if wrong. Alex Colon has a temper like Scarface in and out of the ring. Fans project me as a bad guy, and even if otherwise I like being a bad guy cuz sometimes the good guy wont pull the trigger, but I'm always ready to start firing away. I basically am just someone who lives and dies by their temper plain and simple. Very Tony Montana-ish and that's really me.

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

In 5 years I'd hope to still be in the business somewhat and if not wrestling than owning my own little company or working behind the scenes for another. I try to think realistic at times and know even though I don't fit what TV is looking for, even the underdog has a chance in an ever changing industry.

4-Loco (Bandido Jr., Alex Colon, Chrissy Rivera, and Azrieal)

Any upcoming shows you would like to plug?

No real date plugs I can think of, but if you're interested in catching me in action look out for me in such places as CZW by logging onto czwrestling.com or follow me on Facebook for upcoming shows.

How can people get in touch with you?

Get at me on facebook.com/alexcolon0139 or on twitter @alexcolon0139. If you want to take an extra step, feel free to email me at alexcolon0139@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment