Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kayfabe Q&A: Larry Dallas




When did you decide you wanted a career in Wrestling?


I believe a part of me always wanted a career in wrestling from a young kid. It was one of those things that just sort of happened though. Right place right time. Haven't looked back since.

Did you watch wrestling as a kid? And if so, who were your favorites growing up?

I've watched wrestling my entire life. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Bobby Heenan and Shawn Michaels were my favorites.

Was your family supportive of your chosen career? 

As supportive as they could be I guess. I don't think any parent dreams of their kid doing this. But I think deep down they knew I was going to do what I wanted and no one would stop me.

Larry Dallas on 50 Cent's "The Money and The Power"

You were on a reality show with 50 Cent. What was it like working with him? And stories from when you were filming?

50 was an awesome guy. Someone I really grew to admire. He had such a strong team of advisers it really showed me what it takes to be successful. No real funny stories although Aubrey O'Day and I had some funny moments off camera.

You are currently on a tour of Japan. What has it been like working there?

Japan was an unbelievable and life changing experience. Best three month period of my life.

The Scene

You manage The Scene in EVOLVE and Dragon Gate USA. Tell us a little about what makes them special.

I think we are different than any other group out there. We all have great looks and together we all mesh really well as a unit. I think our chemistry is what makes us special.

What is your favorite moment thus far working as a manager?

Kobe World for Dragon Gate. 10,000 fans managing Tozawa vs. CIMA.


What are the positives and negatives about working in the business?

I get to see the world and have formed some real great friendships. I will take those with me wherever I go in life. The major negative is the impact on relationships outside the business. Hard life/struggle for people to understand.

Wrestling as a whole is down right now. What do you think needs to change to help it grow to where it was in the 80's or late 90's?

If I had that answer I would be doing it myself!

Who is Larry Dallas?

Just a guy who's loving every minute of his life. Love me or hate me, i wouldn't change a thing.

Dallas was recently ranked #468 in the PWI 500

Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?

I see myself being successful at whatever I'm doing.

Any upcoming shows you would like to plug?

EVOLVE 17 in Vorhees, NJ September 8th live on i-PPV on WWNLive.com!

How can people get in touch with you?

@LarryCDallas on twitter. www.facebook.com/LarryCDallas

No comments:

Post a Comment